Yes, I know. E-cards are so dang easy, but c’mon people…soooo not sexy. Close your eyes and remember back to the day when you walked, ran, sprinted to your mailbox hoping to find a letter addressed to you. Those were the days. Someone took the time to write you a note, lick a stamp, and drop it in a box – for no other reason than to bring you joy. That’s just plain and simple love, and who doesn’t want that? Don’t get me wrong, I think technology is a fabulous blessing of efficiency, but that being said, it also sucks the sensual pleasure right out of soul. So why not get back in the soul groove and give it a try. Send some stamped joy to someone. I would bet a bottle of my favorite rose-water that you derive just as much pleasure as the person on the receiving end. It’s a win-win people…so get bold…send a handwritten note. Smile.
Dirt Nerd Alert…I even go to the Post Office and choose a stamp that best suits the person it’s going to. Try it. Geek fun. Here’s a bonus…you’ll even get to know your neighborhood postal workers. Cultivating community IS cultivating soul. Now that’s a good time!
Aren’t convinced? Need more reasons?
- Revive the art of the hand-written note. Be first to be retro hip.
- E-cards kinda suck.
- Support an entrepreneurial woman makin’ it in the world.
- A box of cards is a gift that just might find its way stamped and back in your mailbox someday.
- Cultivate authenticity and feel how liberating it is to be genuine.
- Let your fingers hold a pen again…it just feels good.
- Send love. Make someone laugh. Spread peace.